“In many ways, network marketing invented the sharing economy,” says Paul Zane Pilzer, author of bestselling books Unlimited Wealth: The Theory and Practice of Economic Alchemy (1990) and The Wellness Revolution: How to Make a Fortune in the Next Trillion Dollar Industry (2002)… “This new business phenomenon applies the rules of network marketing to more traditional areas like hotel rooms and travel, creating enormous wealth in the process, because sharing saves resources and adds value for everyone involved.”
And when you think about it, we share all the time. We recommend our favourite hang-out spots, movies, restaurants, music, and so on. Sharing our likes and interests comes naturally. Check out this post from a friend on Facebook.
See what I mean? When you read this beautifully authentic post you want to try out these products too. She is not trying to sell you something, just sharing something she is excited about that is going to solve her problem. Commerce is changing thanks to social media and social trends like this. That is how to think about making money from doTERRA.
Here are my top 8 tips to make earning from the sharing economy easy:
- Share what works for you in a way that is authentic and use pictures where you can
- As your community grows, love your community. Answer their questions, share what you know, be interested in their lives and successes, be there if they fall. I love this part of my business. My Wellness Advocates are like personal friends. I care about each and every one of them. Their journeys inspire me and I feel incredibly lucky that our lives have crossed paths.
- Reach out to a new person every day WITH EQUAL HEART. Just like when I was struggling and found the doTERRA essential oils, there will be somebody sat out there who is in need of a solution you can give them. We can change lives like doTERRA changed ours.
- Let people try the essential oils for themselves, rather than take your word for it! Buy some little bottles and get one of doTERRA’s beautiful 8-vial Key Chain Cases to keep in your handbag, so that when people share their problems with you, you can share a solution for them to try.
- Follow up. One of the clichés out there in the marketing world is that it takes at least seven touches to convert a cold customer to a sale. This is actually true. Don’t give up on the second or third touch because you think they are not interested. It is more likely they are just busy. Find a variety of ways to make contact, so you aren’t bothering them, but offering them valuable information. Invite them to classes you want to hold to share what you have learnt about the oils.
- Think like you are already at the top. I used to feel intimidated by the idea of success. I don’t know why. I felt like the higher I went the further the fall would be. Now I believe wholeheartedly that the fall is not inevitable and I deserve the success I am working hard for. Since I started believing that my life has changed in a big way, for which I feel blessed every day. doTERRA has significantly helped me change my limiting beliefs. There are amazing people in our community who have become my personal mentors.
- Look for what is working for other people EVERY DAY, find a model that suits you and copy it. Don’t reinvent the wheel.
- Learn something new every day and consistently push yourself out of your comfort zone. Your future successful self will thank you for it.
To talk more to me about how to make money from the sharing economy and/or the specific ways you can earn from doTERRA, please contact me to organise a time that is convenient. We can talk on skype, zoom or over the telephone, whatever works for you. If you would like to read more about working with me by becoming a Wellness Advocate, click here!
Much Love x x